Evening and weekend hours available.
The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is a nonprofit organization providing mental health services to more than 3,700 individuals in 2016 including children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. As a nonsectarian organization, the Center is not affiliated with a particular religious group and respects the values of all. Although best known for its 44 years of quality counseling, the Center is a multi-faceted organization providing a range of services through 27 clinicians including:
• Counseling, including specialized services for children and adolescents
• Psychiatry (medication management)
• Psychological testing and assessment
• Biofeedback and other holistic approaches
• Training for clinical professionals
• Community education including suicide prevention and intervention training
• Leadership and spiritual life programming
• Career Coaching
• Conflict transformation and strategic planning services for congregations, nonprofits and businesses
The Center serves more than 3,700 individuals annually (including 645 children in 2016) through 26 licensed clinicians. Populations served include children, adolescents, adults, couples, families, clergy, teachers, police officers, LGBTQ people, veterans, survivors of trauma, families of addicted loved ones, and anyone who needs quality counseling.
Off 86th Street. Turn east at the first stoplight north of Hickman Road/Cobblestone. Go one block, curve to the left. On the right side of the street.